Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, 15, was flying from London Heathrow to Nice for what she described as the “best ever” summer holidays.
She had bought an artichoke, olive and tapenade baguette at Heathrow Airport’s Pret store and ate it before boarding the plane.
But shortly after the plane took off on July 7, 2016 the popular teenager – who was with her dad and best friend – began to feel seriously unwell.
Her millionaire toy tycoon dad, who owns Wow Toys, then administered the first of two EpiPens she carried.
Yet her condition didn’t improve and she started to hyperventilate, reports the Sunday Times.
BA cabin staff then rushed over and a second EpiPen was used before a junior doctor who had been on board rushed to her aid.
But she suddenly fell unconscious and suffered a cardiac arrest before being given cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Throughout this the flight was not diverted and landed in Nice after a one hour 50 minute flight.
Ambulance crews then met the plane on the tarmac before rushing Natasha to hospital.
She was sadly pronounced dead later that day.
The teenager – who wanted to be a lawyer when she was older – is suspected to have suffered severe allergic reaction to sesame seeds that had been baked into the bread of the baguette.
Her dad Nadim Ednan-Laperouse write an emotional tribute to his daughter on Facebook ahead of an inquest into her death that opens tomorrow.
He said: “As a family now of three, my wife, my son and I are still trying to adjust to life without our beloved girl. It’s a daily battle and the pain is indescribable.
“Everything we say and do is a reminder that she isn’t with us, her empty bedroom, school uniform hanging in her wardrobe, her holiday bag packed for her holiday in Nice has never been unpacked. We can’t bear to.”
Pret have since said an allergen guide was provided in all shops and online detailing the 14 declarable allergens contained in its products.
It added that at the time of Natasha’s death, there was – and still is – allergen signage on each fridge and at till points, and that before the death, it had started to make enhancements to allergen information provided to customers and the design of the signage.
A Pret spokesman said: “We were deeply saddened to hear about Natasha’s tragic death, and our heartfelt thoughts are with her family and friends.
“We take food allergies and how allergen information is provided to our customers extremely seriously.
“We will continue to do all that we can to assist the Coroner’s inquest.”
A BA spokesman said the airline was very sorry to hear of Natasha’s death and its “thoughts remain with her family”.